Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Unit 3 Reflection

    This unit was about many different aspects of cells. It talked about different parts of the cell, and their functions. The process of how a protein was made in a cell was described. Different ways for a molecule of any sort to pass through a cell membrane was discussed. The process of photosynthesis, which takes place in chloroplasts, and the process of cellular respiration, which takes place in mitochondria, were described in a lot of detail. It walked us through the steps of both of the processes. The big ideas of this unit were the cellular basis of life and matter and energy.
    This unit went along decently well. I am getting more used to the classroom and how Mr. Orre teaches. I can make myself be more concentrated and more productive. Despite this, I also have some setbacks. For example, I do not like my current group as much as I liked my previous group. Half of the time, one person was missing, and there is also a person who keeps talking and is kind of dictatorial. The photosynthesis and cellular respiration processes were kind of hard to understand and memorize. 
    From these experiences, I learned that I can take advantage of the knowledge of the patterns of how Mr. Orre assigns things and can do predict that some things will happen and do them ahead of time. I can also learn how to cooperate better with my classmates. I can also use what I learned in class to do things related to cells in better ways, such as taking better care of plants.
    I want to learn more details about photosynthesis and cellular respiration, since we did not cover much of that in class. That is practically all that I am unsure about. I wonder about how amazing the world of cells is.
  • What do you want to learn more about? What unanswered questions do you have? What do you wonder about?

No comments:

Post a Comment